|Job Title:||Tax Senior|
Overview of the Job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Tax Senior to join our growing dynamic firm. Reporting directly to the Partner and senior management, your role as Tax Senior will be dealing with Mixed Tax in nature. The ideal Tax Senior will be confident in their work and have good technical and interpersonal skills combined with a desire to always deliver excellence in all that they do. Tax Senior must understand tax legislation, compliance with relevant laws and the impact this has on a business. They must also be commercially aware and able to identify opportunities to minimise corporate taxation and the personal tax bills of their clients.
This is a major role in a forward thinking, friendly expanding practice. Duties for the Tax Senior role will include but is not limited to:
Job Description / Key responsibilities:
- Providing regular high-quality personal & corporate tax services to a diverse client portfolio
- Reviewing personal tax computations prepared by tax team and account managers
- Working closely with the account managers and the Partner to ensure the Tax work is at the forefront of Tax Compliance and planning matters
- Provide high levels of tax support to other tax team members and the wider accountancy firm
- Managing and taking all round responsibility for a portfolio of clients which may include partners, personal tax, properties, SME’s and fashion.
- Liaising with third parties and clients in respect of the collation of tax return information.
- Responding to ad-hoc questions and enquiries in respect of the client’s personal tax affairs.
- Assisting with the promotion of the firm’s tax offering to both existing and prospective clients
- Supporting the Partner with technical research and preparing tax advice direct to clients in all areas of taxation
- Supporting the Partner in dealing with internal technical tax queries for Partners and Managers, encompassing all areas of taxation
- Working with the Partner to develop tax planning ideas and provide proactive advice, including technical updates to both partners/staff and clients
- Contributing to the identification of technical areas and changes to legislation that are relevant.
Key skills and attributes:
- Ideally CTA or ATT qualified
- Minimum 3 years’ mixed tax experience preferred
- Experience in managing wide range of tax portfolio
- IT literate with good knowledge of tax accounting software
- Ability to use/learn software and systems as appropriate
- Excellent numeracy skills with a logical and analytical mind
- The ability to interpret and explain complex legislation to non-specialists
- Have great attention to detail with commercial awareness
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working to deadlines
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Experience in US tax is desirable but not essential
- Be up to date with technical knowledge and legislative changes for corporation and personal tax.
- Competitive Salary and benefits package.
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Agile working environment
- Extensive learning & development opportunities
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV and cover letter.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and work within a supportive environment, where you can grow and progress. We can also accept applications from suitable candidates that require sponsorship